Commandant of the Marine Corps: “…the way we use energy is essential to the rebalance of our Corps & how we prepare it for the future.”
How does MCBH help the community and meet CMC intent?
- Possible venue for needed windward power plant.
- 50 MW capacity; Bio-fuel capable.
- Currently 5 MW of solar on base.
- Additional 1.5 MW power coming.
- Solar hot water provided on all 2,600 homes.
- Solar with most Military Construction projects.
- MCBH next steps: Meet SECNAV 50% requirement by 2020.
- Wave Energy Test Site (WETS).
- Hydrogen Refueling Station.
- Camp Smith Micro-grid.
- MCBH next steps: Hydrogen vehicles & additional wave energy test devices.
News, Articles & Resources