You have a role in emergency preparedness.
Take advantage of preparedness training opportunities offered by your installation Emergency Manager and/or Marine Corps Family Team Building.There are many ways you can get involved to help further build a more resilient and prepared Marine Corps Community:
Ask your Installation Protection Manager for additional ways you can help.
- Conduct family and neighborhood emergency drills.
- Check to see if your neighbor and fellow Marine have the supplies they would need in an emergency.
- Share the information you learn about emergency preparedness with your children and other adults around you.
- Be part of the ranks of citizens who form the Nation's first line of defense against severe weather by becoming a NOAA's National Weather Service (NWS) SkyWarn Spotter—http://www.nws.noaa.gov/skywarn/
- Participate in America’s PrepareAthon! Day, held twice a year on 30 April and 30 September and well as National Preparedness Month in September.