Marine Corps Base Hawaii


Marine Corps Base Hawaii

"Supporting Readiness and Global Projection"

Inbound Arrival Information


Marines normally meet their designated sponsors at the Baggage Claim area of the airport.
Honolulu Airport Terminal Map

Many Marines coming from formal schools, may not have sponsors assigned them. Upon arrival they should go to the USO lounge located adjacent to Baggage Claim Area "F".
The USO lounge is open 7 days a week from 0800 - 2400. Telephone: (808) 836-3351.


Upon your arrival in Hawaii, all Marines must report to their respective unit prior to reporting to the Installation Personnel Administration Center (IPAC), Customer Support Branch (808) 257-8566 located at Bldg. 1043, 1st Deck.

Upon arrival in Hawaii, all Navy personnel must report to the Navy PSD, (808) 257-0509 ext 8106, located at Bldg. 6468. Further instructions will be provided by PSD.


  1. Reporting Endorsement from your command.
  2. Original Orders, to include Web Orders
    If this is your first duty station, ensure you have orders from boot camp, recruiters assistance, MCT/TBS, and MOS school.
    If you executed PCS/Temporary Instruction (TEMINS) orders, ensure you have orders from your previous duty station and the TEMINS station.
  3. Airline invoices
  4. Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) invoices
    Applicable for members who shipped a vehicle.
  5. Receipts
    ie, Pet quarantine, hotel
  6. Marriage/Birth Certificates
    If you were married or had a child birth while in route to Hawaii, ensure you bring the marriage/birth certificate.


Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA)
Telephone: (808) 257-0977
Fax: (808) 257-1259

TLA is for military personnel arriving on Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders pending availability of housing or completion of arrangement for other permanent living accommodations when housing is not available. TLA is not paid in advance. Instead, it is paid after filing a completed claim with receipts and endorsements. TLA reimbursement claims are forwarded to the Finance Office at the conclusion of each 10-day increment; reimbursements are then electronically deposited within 72-96 hours. Arrival TLA can be authorized for a maximum of 60 days.

To be eligible for TLA, several conditions must be met. First, service members must have their orders endorsed with the reporting time and date as soon as possible after arriving on island. No reimbursement will be made for any days of temporary lodging prior to the report date endorsed on your orders. The first day of reporting in will be a Non-TLA day for the member. The cost of lodging incurred for the first day will be at the member's expense until their travel claim is settled and they are in a "Per Diem Status." A supplemental claim will then be submitted to the Finance Office for reimbursement of the first day's expenses.

Next, to be eligible for TLA, a sponsor or member must first check with the Temporary Lodging Facility (808) 254-2806 and the Housing Office (808) 257-1257, (808) 257-2676 to see if housing is available. If housing is available, it must be used. If housing is not available, service members must obtain a non-availability statement. Bona fide and Geographical Bachelors must check into the BEQ/BOQ to obtain room assignment. If there is no permanent room available, they may be issued a non-availability statement.

Unless the Housing Office (for married personnel) or the BEQ/BOQ (for Bona fide and Geographical Bachelor) establishes an occupancy date for quarters immediately upon applying for Base housing, the service member must initiate an "aggressive housing search." To fulfill this requirement, a service member must visit a minimum of five to ten places in their price range and that meet their needs, per 10-day increment. TLA will be terminated for failure to aggressively seek a suitable place to live.

Also, to be eligible for TLA, a service member must be on a 36-month tour or have a CMC waiver. Personnel arriving in Hawaii under PCS orders accompanied by dependents or who anticipate the arrival of dependents with in 60 days, must register with the Housing Office and apply for housing within five (5) days of reporting in to be eligible for TLA. Members whose dependents will not arrive in Hawaii for more than 60 days after the reporting date must apply for housing not later than 60 days prior to the anticipated arrival date of the dependents. JFTR Vol. 1, Chapter 9

For more information on TLA, you can access the Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA) FAQ

Temporary Lodging Facility (TLF)
Telephone: (808) 254-2806
Fax (808) 356-4506

For accompanied personnel, reservations can be made at the TLF at Bldg 3038. When making reservations or when checking in and lodging is unavailable; a non-availability statement can be issued. All commercial lodging aboard Oahu is "TLA Approved". See the Temporary Lodging Allowance Section at Bldg 455 for details in securing commercial lodging. Sponsors can assist married Marines in making these reservations.

Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE)

TLE partially offsets living expenses while in CONUS (Mainland) obtained by Marines and their dependents incident to a PCS move. For further assistance please contact the IPAC Customer Support Branch at (808) 257-8566 or access the JFTR Vol. 1, Chapter 5, Part H website.

Dislocation Allowance (DLA)

The purpose of DLA is to partially reimburse a member, with or without dependents, for the expenses incurred in relocating the member's household on a PCS, housing moves ordered for the Government’s convenience, or incident to an evacuation. This allowance is in addition to all other allowances authorized and may be paid in advance. For further assistance please contact the IPAC Customer Support Branch at (808) 257-8566 or access the Dislocation Allowance (DLA) Chart website.


  • A member with dependents is authorized a DLA when dependents:
  • Relocate in connection with a PCS,
  • Move in connection with the closure or realignment of a military installation,
  • Move to a designated place incident to an evacuation, or
  • As otherwise authorized in this Part.
  • A member without dependents is authorized DLA when:
  • Relocated in connection with a PCS to a PDS where government quarters are not assigned, or
  • Ordered to, and actually does, move in connection with the closure or realignment of a U.S. Installation.

Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH)

  • The purpose of BAH is to provide uniformed service members accurate and equitable housing compensation based on housing costs in local civilian housing markets, and is payable when government quarters are not provided. BAH is also authorized while in a TLA status. For further assistance please contact the IPAC Customer Support Branch at (808) 257-8566 or access the Basic Allowance Housing (BAH) Query website.
  • These are some conditions that may apply upon joining your command:
  • Authorization to BAH at the with dependents rate is granted for married Marines not residing in family type government quarters.
  • Authorization to BAH at the with dependents rate is granted for single Marines with legal/physical custody of dependent(s) or providing child support and authorized not to stay in single type government quarters.
  • Authorization to BAH at the without dependents rate is granted for all Marines and Sailors grade E7 and above.
  • Authorization to BAH at the without dependents rate is granted for all Marines and Sailors grade E6 and below once authorized to stay out of town within 30 days.

Basic Allowance for Subsistence (BAS)

  • These are some conditions that may apply upon joining your command:
  • Authorization to mess separately is granted for all Marines and Sailors grade E7 and above and those enlisted members residing with their dependents.
  • Authorization to mess separately is designated by unit directives.

Cost of Living Allowance (COLA)

The purpose of COLA is designed to equalize purchasing power between members overseas and their CONUS-based counterparts. For more information refer to the JFTR Vol 1, Chapter 9. For further assistance please contact the IPAC Customer Support Branch at (808) 257-8566.

What are some of the new Administrative Changes I should know?

  • Person Authorized Direct Disposition (PADD)
  • PADD is a person, usually next of kin, who is authorized to direct disposition of remains. It is a reportable entry in the record of emergency data (RED). The designated PADD will have control over the remains of the Marine. MARADMIN 421/05.
  • Service member’s Group Life Insurance (SGLI)
  • When a service member elects to change his SGLI beneficiary other than his/her spouse, a notification letter is required to be mailed to the spouse no more than 30 days of the change. MARADMIN 411/05.

Unaccompanied SNCO or Officer, where do I check in for billeting?

  • Billeting is available for unaccompanied personnel upon arrival.
  • Reservations can be made by calling (808) 257-2409 DSN 457.

What if I'm a Reservist on Active Duty for 30 days or more?

Reservists that are activated must check into the unit who activated them and take their reporting endorsement from there along with their original orders to IPAC Customer Support Branch.

ADSW (Active Duty Special Work) Entitlements:

  • Activated for 31-180 days entitled to:
    • BAH at the zip code member came on orders from (Basic Allowance for Housing)
    • FSA (Family Separation Allowance) (if applicable)
  • Activated for 181 days or more:
    • BAH at the Hawaii rate
    • FSA (if applicable)
    • COLA (Cost of Living Allowance) at the Hawaii rate

Mobilized Reservist Entitlements:

  • BAH at the zip code member came on orders from. Single Marines rate BAH OWN RIGHT.
  • FSA (if applicable)
  • CONUS COLA if Marine is activated from a high cost of living in CONUS. Hawaii COLA applies if activated from Hawaii.

What are your responsibilities as a new join?


The standard tour of duty for assignment in Hawaii is currently prescribed by Assistant Secretary of Defense Memorandum dated October 86 (NOTAL) as 36-month minimum for all Marines. Tour the month you report. Marines must have the obligated service to comply with the prescribed tour length and if applicable extend or reenlist prior to transfer. This obligated service requirement does not apply to first term Marines without family members.. 

Helpful Links
Contact Your Unit

3d Marine Regiment - Bldg. 1088
1st Battalion 3d Marines
2d Battalion 3d Marines
3d Battalion 3d Marines
During working hours (808) 257-2017 DSN: 457
After working hours (808) 257-2778 DSN: 457  

1st Battalion, 12th Marines - Bldg. 1027
During working hours (808) 257-3207 DSN: 457
After working hours (808) 257-3207 DSN: 457

Marine Air Group 24 - Bldg. 30
Marine Air Logistical Squadron 24
Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 362
Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 363
Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 463
(During working hours) (808) 257-2012 DSN: 457
(During working hours) (808) 257-3222 DSN: 457
(After working hours) (808) 257-1416 DSN: 457

Combat Logistics Battalion 3 - Bldg 1086
During working hours (808) 257-1845 DSN: 457
After working hours (808) 257-1600 DSN: 457

3d Radio Battalion - Bldg. 4034
During working hours (808) 257-1799 DSN: 457
During working hours (808) 257-1445 DSN: 457
After working hours (808) 257-2949 DSN: 457 

Headquarters and Service Battalion
U.S. Marine Corps Forces Pacific
Camp Smith Bldg. 1
During working hours (808) 477-8366 DSN: 477
After working hours (808) 477-6377 DSN 477

Headquarters Battalion
Marine Corps Base Hawaii, Bldg. 4009
During working hours (808) 257-3077 DSN: 457
During working hours (808) 257-0449 DSN: 457
After working hours (808) 257-2494 DSN: 457

Marine Corps Air Station
Marine Corps Base Hawaii, Hanger 105 2d Deck
During working hours (808) 257-1707 DSN: 477
During working hours (808) 257-3181 DSN: 477
After working hours (808) 216-5119 DSN:  477