PMO/Sponsorship Procedures for Foreign Nationals

Sponsorship of Unofficial FN Visitors

Refer all official requests for entrance from representatives of a foreign government, foreign military service, or foreign private interest to the Base Security Manager. Unofficial FN visitors are residents of another country who are visiting the U.S. as a tourist, student, worker, or other reasons not as an official representative of a foreign government. FN government and military personnel not sponsored through the DoD FN Visitor System or on invitation orders are considered unofficial visitors. The following
procedures apply for sponsorship of unofficial FN visitors:

  • Permissions Required. Sponsors expecting unofficial FN visitors must provide at least 14 business days’ notice to the Provost Marshal Office Customer Service Center, B1095, on a Base Access Request Form (MCBH S-7 Form 5532), and require the visitor to pre-enroll in DBIDS regardless of the length of stay. A copy of the visitor’s passport and visa will be submitted with the Base Access Request Form. Entry of FN visitors is contingent upon an invitation from an authorized sponsor, satisfactory vetting, and identity proofing. Sponsorship of FN visitors aboard MCBH is a privilege and the Commanding Officer may revoke or suspend this privilege.

  • Escort Required. Unofficial FN visitors are not authorized unescorted access and the sponsor must accompany the FN visitor at all times while on base. Sponsors who have FN immediate family members (husband, wife, mother, father, sister, brother, child, or members in loco parentis) as Registered Houseguests, are exempt from the escort requirement. Personnel with authorized installation access credentials are prohibited from using their access credentials to transport unofficial FN visitors aboard the installation to circumvent this policy.

  • Restricted Access. Unofficial FN visitors are authorized escorted access to facilities that are open to the general community, but are restricted from visiting any operational and/or restricted area aboard the installation.

    • Active duty foreign military personnel and personnel traveling on a diplomatic passport from the following countries are exempt from biometric enrollment: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, and Japan.

    • Active duty foreign military personnel attending U.S. and partner nation military training or on official visits are exempt from biometric enrollment.

    • Sponsors will ensure that their Unofficial FN Visitor(s) are enrolled in the biometric system at the Visitors Center. Failure to do so will result in suspension of sponsorship privileges and the immediate removal of the FN from Base.


Sponsorship Privileges for Foreign Exchange Personnel

Foreign Exchange Personnel (FEP) and Foreign Liaison Officers (FLO), and their sponsored accompanying dependents with a U.S. Government CAC and assigned to a MCBH command, have unescorted access to MCBH. FEPs and FLOs are authorized to sponsor U.S. Citizens who do not have dual citizenship in another foreign country as personal visitors, for official business, and for deliveries/services to their military family housing residence. FEPs and FLOs may sponsor visiting FN family members in accordance with the procedures outlined in Base Oder 5532.1 Chapter 2, paragraph 3.


Approved Foreign Visit Requests

Sponsors who host official FN Visitors must obtain re-approval prior to their arrival. Sponsors will provide a copy of the Foreign Visit Request, orders, or other documentation to the Visitors Center, B1637, in order to issue a temporary visitors pass, not to exceed the length of the exercise, event, or command function.

  • Permanent Resident Card, Alien Registration Receipt Card, or Green Card (Form I-551).

  • Foreign passport with a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on machine-readable immigrant visa.

  • Foreign passport with a current arrival-departure record, U.S. Customs and Border Protection Form I-94 bearing the same name as the passport, and containing and endorsement of the alien’s non-immigrant status indicating that status authorizes the alien to work for the employer.

  • Employment authorization document that contains a photograph U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Form I-766 and/or E-verify.

  • In the case of a non-immigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer, a foreign passport with a Form I-94 or Form I-94A, bearing the same name as the passport, and containing an endorsement of the alien’s non-immigrant status, as long as the endorsement has not yet expired and the proposed employment is not in conflict with any restrictions or limitations identified on the form.

  • Driver’s license or ID card issued by state, possession, territory, or District of Columbia, provided it contains a photograph and biographic information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address

Marine Corps Base Hawaii