MCB Hawaii Logo Marine Corps Base Hawaii - The superior Installation for Warfighters Produce Readiness, Promote Resiliency and Project Power
Vehicle Registration for State of Hawaii

Registering A Vehicle In Hawaii

All vehicles must be registered in the State of Hawaii. You have 30 days from the date listed on the shipping receipt to complete Hawaii registration before incurring State of Hawaii penalties.

You may choose to keep your current state plates however, you will need to get an out-of-state permit to attach to your registration. You will receive a blue sticker to put on the bumper of your vehicle. When your out-of-state registration expires if you wish to keep your plates you will have to pay the full out-of-state registration in addition to Hawaii’s yearly registration.

Steps on to register your vehicle with State of Hawaii:

  1. Hawaii No Fault Insurance must be obtained within 24 hours from the date listed on the shipping receipt – You will need an insurance card, print out or digital/electronic copy for valid proof of insurance.
    • Vehicle Registration Fax: (808) 257-0130 / Pass House Fax: (808) 257-0072

  2. Get a CS-L 50 – Non Resident Form, issued at Pass House and Vehicle Registration
    • Must have title, out-of-state registration or Notarized Bill of Sale

  3. Obtain a failed Hawaii Safety Check/Inspection (failed for having out of state registration only)
    • Appointments for Safety Inspections on MCBH can be made at Firestone or 5-0 Motors
    • Safety Inspections can be done almost anywhere that you would change your oil

  4. Go to Satellite City Hall to register your vehicle
    • You must have Registration or Notarized Bill of Sale, Failed Safety, Shipping Receipt, and current Hawaii No Fault Insurance
    • Registration must be complete within 30 days of the shipping receipt or you will incur penalties from the State of Hawaii

  5. Return to where failed Safety/Inspection Check was issued
    • You must have HI registration or out-of-state registration, Hawaii No Fault Insurance and failed safety. You will be issued safety inspection paper to keep and a sticker to place on the bumper of your vehicle.
PMO Menu