Base Bar List
- The Command Inspector General administers the Base Bar List per Base Order 5510.20B (dated 5 Oct 2011).
- The CO has given wide latitude to the Inspector for barring undesirable individuals.
- Individuals are barred for serious offenses normally related to narcotics, larceny or destruction of government or private property, terrorist threatening, etc.
- The three types of debarment which can be awarded:
**Temporary (normally 10 day issues by MPD).
**Zero to Three years for lesser offense
- MCB Hawaii maintains a reciprocal agreement with other military bases on island (they send us who they bar and we add them to our bar list and visa versa).
- Others may be barred as ordered by the Base Magistrate.
**Individual being barred has ten (10) days to appeal the barment.
**Appeal request for family members and/or dependants require sponsor’s command endorsement.
**Appeal request for civilian employees aboard the installation require employer’s endorsement.
Sample Appeal Request Letter .
- Email all requests to firstname.lastname@example.org