The Education Liaison (K-12) serves as the central point of contact between the Commanding Officer MCBH, the Hawaii Department of Education (DOE) and the Joint Venture Education Forum (JVEF) to promote, coordinate and improve educational policies, services, facilities and programs for local public schools. The Education Liaison represents the CO MCBH in dealings with school administrators, teachers, parents, students and the military community in general.
The Education Liaison's purpose is to identify need, facilitate problem solving and to use the whole gambit of organizational structures to enhance the quality of education for our children.
This position is located on the staff of the CO MCBH, Manpower, Personnel and Administration Directorate. Please contact us If you have questions regarding Hawaii schools.
Education Liaison Office
Building 216 26
Phone: (808) 257-8826
Fax: (808) 257-3290
How Can The Education Liaison Support You?
If you have Marine Corps and/or Navy families serving on Marine Corps Base Hawaii and/or Camp H.M. Smith, that attend your school, the Education Liaison Office can help with:
- Educating local schools and communities about the needs of military school-age children and the military community.
- Mobilizing community resources to reduce the impact of the military lifestyle on military school-age children.
- Maintaining current information on the availability and access of educational services for military school-age children
- Serving as communicator and facilitator by assisting parents and commanders in interacting with local schools and in responding to education transition issues for all military school-age children.
- Providing resources to parents, students, schools, commanders, and communities that facilitate school transitions and relationships.
State of Hawaii, DOE - Checklist, Departing School and K-12 Enrollment in Hawaii Public School
Federal Impact Aid Information - Impact Aid and Survey Cards and Federal Impact Aid Support Letter
Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission (MIC3) - http://www.mic3.net/
Teaching in Hawaii - Teacher Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions
Bus Information - Hawaii DOE School Bus Transportation and MCB Hawaii Kaneohe Bay School Bus Route
Joint Venture Education Forum (JVEF):
For those schools that are considered "highly military impacted", there are numerous grant opportunities available in the areas of Textbooks, Technology, Curriculum, Transition and Citizenship. We encourage your school to become involved in this great partnership between the Hawaii Department of Education and the Military on Oahu. For more information on the various Membership, Committee and Grant opportunities, please visit: http://www.pacom.mil/organization/staff-directorates/j1/jvef/index.shtml.
Have comments on the Education Liaison or ideas on how to make education better here in Hawaii for our military families? Please visit our link on the Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) site.